Aurora Safety and Transportation Paper
Safety and Transportation
A community assessment begins with a basic windshield survey where each community subsystem is explored. Explore the relationship of safety and transportation on public health. Meet with Mayor Franklin Hill who will provide additional insights into these subsystems. City Hall has information on Crime Rates from the Police Department.
Click on the Enter Sentinel City® and continue your virtual experience by taking a bus tour of Sentinel City®. Feel free to choose any bus speed and/or get off the bus at any time to walk around. As you take the tour, write down your observations, specifically focusing on the following subsystem: safety and transportation. Compile your observations and any demographic information addressing each item listed in the first column of the rubric. We encourage you to add other relevant characteristics you observe that may not be listed in the first column as you complete this activity.
Reading and Resources
- DeMarco & Healey-Walsh (2020) Read Chapter 19
- Visit World Health Organization – Determinants of Health
- Visit Healthy People 2020 Determinants of Health
- Visit Healthy People 2020 Objectives
- Visit Health Disparities
- Find the health rankings for the county where your practice learning site is located by visiting: “Health Rankings for Your State & County”
- Watch the Levels of Prevention Video
Listen to Windshield Survey Guidelines and Tips
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.