ECE 530 Topic 5 Assignment Benchmark – Connecting the Community Through Technology
When seeking a child care facility to which to entrust their children, families do extensive research to find a location that works best for them. Parents can use the handbook of a child care facility to learn about the procedures and expectations of the facility to assist them in selecting the best placement for their children.
For this assignment, you will create a handbook for a child care facility you plan to open. The purpose of the handbook is to provide prospective families with information about the center.
You may use information from any of your previous assignments in this course to assist you in building the content of your handbook (incorporating any constructive feedback you may have received from your instructor).
Include information for each of the following:
School Philosophy, Mission, and Vision
Readiness for Learning
- Based on the digital handouts created in Topic 1, write an explanation of how you will evaluate each child’s readiness for learning (cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional, and/or physical).
- A sample lesson plan on the topic of your choice as an example of instruction you would provide to the children in a specific age range. Be sure the lesson plan addresses young children’s characteristics and needs, including strengths, interests, and needs that enable each student to advance and accelerate his or her learning.
Using the ‘Safety Considerations Table and Checklist,’ determine safety policies on the following:
- Daily schedule – pick-up and drop off processes, monitoring attendance, lunch/snacks, and naps
- Safe use of technology
- Fire safety and evacuation
- Based on what you learned about nutritional practices in Topic 4, create a guideline for meals/snacks for one age group (0-6 months, 7-11 months, 1 year-olds, 2-year-olds, or 3- and 4-year-olds) that you could present to families.
Health policies on the following:
- Immunization information
- Communication and collaboration with families/volunteers that allow others to participate in the children’s development and learning.
Support your handbook with 3-5 scholarly references.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.