HLT 555 Week 3 Assignment Exposure and Risk Assessment
This assignment is in two parts:
Part 1: Exposure Assessment Case Study
Read “Cross-sectional Exposure Assessment of Environmental Contaminants in Churchill County, Nevada” by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2003). Use this case study to complete the Exposure Assessment form.
Part 2: Risk Assessment Case Study
Read “Illness Associated with Drift of Chloropicrin Soil Fumigant Into a Residential Area – Kern County, California, 2003.” Use this case study to complete the Risk Assessment assignment.
Directions: Use the case study to provide answers to the following questions.
Case Study:“Illness Associated with Drift of Chloropicrin Soil Fumigant into a Residential Area—Kern County, California, 2003,” located on p. 154 of the textbook
- Issue Identification
- What is causing the identified problem?
- Why is the problem a problem?
- How was the problem initially identified?
- What are the public perceptions of the hazard?
- Hazard Identification
- What types of adverse health effects might be caused by the problem?
- How quickly and for what duration might the problem be experienced?
- Dose Response Assessment
- Evaluate both qualitative and quantitative toxicity information to estimate the incidence of adverse effects occurring in humans at different exposure levels.
- Exposure Assessment for the Relevant Population
- Determine the frequency, magnitude, extent, duration, and character of exposures to the hazard.
- Risk Characterization
- Detail the nature and potential incidence of effects for the exposure conditions described in the exposure assessment.
<pclass=”msonormal”><pclass=”msonormal”>Exposure Assessment Case Study</pclass=”msonormal”></pclass=”msonormal”>
Directions: After .homeworkminutes.com/question/view/91939/grand-canyon-hlt555-week-3-Exposure-and-Risk-Assessment#”>reading the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention case study, answer the following questions.
Case Study:“Cross-sectional Exposure Assessment of Environmental Contaminants in Churchill County, Nevada” by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.t .cdc.gov/nceh/clusters/fallon/factsheet.pdf”>http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/clusters/fallon/factsheet.pdf
1) Identify the agent:_____________________________________________________
2) What type of agent is described?
4) Transport/carrier medium:
food product item
5) Exposure pathways:
eating contaminated food
breathing contaminated air
touching a contaminated surface
drinking contaminated water
6) Exposure concentration:
mg/kg (food) mg/litre (water)
ug/m3 (air) ug/cm3 (contaminated surfaces)
% by weight fibres/m3 (air)
7) Exposure route:
inhalation dermal contact
ingestion multiple routes
8) Exposure frequency:
9) Exposure duration:
10) Exposure setting:
11) Exposed population:
12) Geographic scope: