HLT 555 Week 8 Health Impact Assessment (Benchmark Assignment)
A health impact assessment (HIA), described in Chapter 4 of your textbook, is a process for describing and estimating the effects a proposed project or policy may have on the health of a population. For this assignment, imagine you asked asked to conduct a HIA for a proposed waste management facility in your community.
In a paper of 1,250-1,500-words address the following questions and issues:
- Provide an overview and description of the stages of an health impact assessment. How is it different from other forms of assessment, such as an environmental impact assessment or a community health assessment?
- What information would you need about the proposed project?
- What information would you need about the community to understand the potential health effects?
- What recommendations would you propose to promote positive health effects? What recommendations would you propose to mitigate adverse health effects?
- Which decision makers would need this information? Why?
You are required to use a minimum of five additional references in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin