NUR560 SBIRD #2 powerpoint
Screening – with Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT): Presentation #2
Develop a PowerPoint presentation that includes the following criteria:
- Slide 1: Title Page.
- Slide 2: SBIRT overview – Describe the history of SBIRT, the SBIRT process and how it is used in clinical practice settings using US research articles.
- Slide 3: Case Presentation – Do not include patient identifying information but include demographics i.e. age, gender, race/ethnicity, chief complaint, social history, family psychiatric history, psychiatric history, and risk factors.
- Slide 4: Screening Tool used – Describe the screening tool, validity (sensitivity and specificity), scoring information, and citation. Your patient’s score and the interpretation of the patient’s score are required.
- Slide 5: Brief Intervention – How was the Motivational Interviewing process applied and shared your client’s score and need for behavioral changes.
- Slide 6: Referral for Treatment – Describe the referral for follow-up treatment plan. Include the name, address and telephone number of the local large organization. Be specific with the department where necessary.
- Slide 7: Evaluation of the process – Share the patient’s outcome and your evaluation of the SBIRT process.
- Slide 8: References –5 references. 7th Edition APA format. Include Screening Tool authors.
- The slides are to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
- The narration is to be fluid with clear enunciation and the volume of speech is appropriate, with no pauses or distracting fillers.
- The PowerPoint presentation should be formatted per current APA guidelines and 8-10 slides in length, including the title and references slides. Incorporate a minimum of 5 current (published within the last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work. For presentation clarification, students may include the presenter’s notes.
- Record the project with whatever software works best for you, upload it to Studio, and submit the project using Canvas Studio.
- All replies must be constructive and use literature where possible.
- Please post your initial response by 11:59 PM ET Thursday, and comment on the posts of two classmates by 11:59 PM ET Sunday in Module 6.
- Late work policies, expectations regarding proper citations, acceptable means of responding to peer feedback, and other expectations are at the discretion of the instructor.
- You can expect feedback from the instructor within 48 to 72 hours from the Sunday due date.