Pulmonary Disease Presentation
- You will create a PowerPoint presentation with a realistic case study and include appropriate and pertinent clinical information that will be covering the following:
- Subjective data: Chief Complaint; History of the Present Illness (HPI)/ Demographics; History of the Present Illness (HPI) that includes the presenting problem and the 8 dimensions of the problem (onset, location, frequency/duration, timing, severity, characteristics, alleviating and aggravating factors); Review of Systems (ROS) (general, HEENT, cards, respiratory, musculoskeletal, neurological, GI, GU, integumentary, psychiatric, endocrine)
- Objective data: Medications; Allergies; Past medical history; Past surgical history; family history; Social history; Labs; Vital signs; Physical exam.
- Assessment: Primary Diagnosis; Differential diagnosis
- Plan: Diagnostic testing; Pharmacologic treatment plan; Non-pharmacologic treatment plan; Anticipatory guidance (primary prevention strategies); Follow up plan.
- Other: Incorporation of current clinical guidelines; Integration of research articles; Role of the Nurse practitioner
- The presentation is original work and logically organized, formatted, and cited in the current APA style, including citation of references.
- The presentation should consist of 10-15 slides and less than 5 minutes in length. Please include expanded notes in note section.
- Incorporate a minimum of 4 current (published within the last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work. Journal articles and books should be referenced according to APA style (the library has a copy of the APA Manual).
use the following chief complaint and demographics:
–Chest pain and tightness,
–Shortness of breath with exertion
–Age: 72 years