BPA 421 Week 4 Importance of Improving Communication
The McGregor Company has been in business for more than 20 years. It is a fortune 500 company that puts most of its investments in overseas markets. Over the past two months the company has lost more than 250,000 shares of stock due to these investments. The president of the company met with the department directors to explain a plan to reduce further loss. He has determined that a restructuring of the company is vital to offset further loss in stock. The reorganization will be taking place over the next two weeks.
The supervisor in your department met with all employees to explain the president’s decision to undergo major restructuring, reorganization, and the layoff of 500 employees to recapture the money lost through overseas investments. You and several of your coworkers feel that these changes cause undue anxiety because they were not sufficiently communicated to the workforce by leadership so as to allow employees time to find a new job.
Create a 1,050- to 1,400-word document that you would attach to an email to the director of your organization where you outline your thoughts on the importance of improving communication within the organization. Your document should:
- Explain the current means of communication and improvements you feel need improving.
- Outline some of the barriers that exist between employees that have created unethical issues in the decision-making process.
- Discuss risks that may have contributed to unethical decisions in your department.
- Describe the decision-making style of the supervisor.
- Explain how the decision-making style of the supervisor impacted how the employees felt and caused their anxiety.
- Apply the ethical principles, policies, and responsibilities of individuals in your department to improve communication.
Submit your assignment