BSCOM 348 Small Group And Team Communication Member Experience Analysis
Recall when you were a member of a primary group and a member of a secondary group (these groups do not have to be related). Write a 525- to 700-word analysis that answers the following questions about both experiences:
- How was each group formed? In considering Tuckman’s model of group formation, did the group follow the established stages? Explain your answer
- How was diversity demonstrated in each group? Provide examples
- In each group, how did members take on roles? What was your role and why? (use the role descriptions from the textbook).
- Describe at least one rule and one norm for each group. How did they develop?
- Was symbolic convergence reflected in either group? If so, how? Was structuration reflected in either group? If so, how?
- What is one thing you learned from each group that influences how you deal with groups now?
Cite at least 2 peer-reviewed sources (one can be the textbook).
Groups I have been apart of
Primary Group- I was a member on a implementation team for all of Medicaid. Secondary Group- As part of the same implementation I was member on the Enrollment and Billing team for specfics related to E&B.