CJS 225 Relationship Between Rhetorical Devices and Persuasion
1. Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
Critical thinking incorporates research and determining the credibility of sources.
From your research, what’s an example of how credibility proved crucial to the outcome in a criminal justice case? It can be a good or bad outcome. In your response, provide support from the reading and include the example’s source.
2.Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
Consider this week’s readings and videos as you answer these questions:
- What can you do to enhance your critical thinking skills?
- Are there elements from the reading you have not considered?
- How does the content covered in the reading and videos affect your understanding of critical thinking skills needed in criminal justice?
3.Complete the Critical Thinking Skills Worksheet.
4.Have you ever wondered about the likelihood of an event occurring? Whether it’s the odds of your favorite football
team winning on Sunday or how much you pay for car insurance, probability concepts can play a role in making
Respond to the following questions in a minimum of 175 words:
- Consider a situation that you might need to use your understanding of probability to make an informed decision.
- What sorts of information would you collect?
- How might you use what you have learned about probability to determine a course of action?
- What are the possible benefits and limitations of this approach?
5.Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- In your experience, which problem-solving approach that you’ve researched is most applicable to criminal justice agencies?
- Using what you now know about deductive and inductive reasoning, how can these 2 processes be applied in either the critical or creative thinking process?