CNL 500 Application of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Case Study
Read the “Case Study Analysis.”
Select one of the following theories that you feel best applies to treating the client in the case study:
- Rational emotive behavior therapy
- Reality therapy
- Write a 1,000-1,500-word analysis of the case study using the theory you chose. Include the following in your analysis.
- What will be the goals of counseling and what intervention strategies are used to accomplish those goals?
Describe the process of treatment using this theory. This should include a description of the length of treatment, the role of the counselor, and the experience of the client as they work from beginning to termination of therapy.
How does this theory address the social and cultural needs of the client? (Cite specific research findings)
- Describe the role of choice and decision making within the theory you chose regarding the efficacy of treatment. How can a counselor assist their client in using these concepts more effectively?
- How can a counselor implement cognitive processes in counseling without undue risk to the client or the counseling relationship?
- This assignment is informed by the following CACREP Standard: 2.F.5.a. Theories and models of counseling.