CNL 501 Cognitive Behavior Therapy
Write a 1,000-1,250-word paper that gives a general overview of commonly used substance use disorder treatment approaches. In addition, you are to select two common approaches and compare their similarities and differences.
Include the following in your assignment:
- A brief description of common empirically researched substance use disorder treatments listed in the topic’s readings such as (MI, CBT, and SF). Include a minimum of two treatment descriptions.
- A discussion about the differences of each treatment listed.
- A discussion about which method you would prefer to use and why. Include a review of the benefits and risks of each method.
- A discussion of the considerations for age, disabilities, developmental level, culture and any other significant factors.
- A minimum of four scholarly sources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency and professional standards:
MS Clinical Mental Health Counseling
4.1: Assess valid and reliable research to answer questions for an identified problem, concern, or professional counseling intervention. [CACREP 2.F.8.b, 2.F.8.c, 2.F.8.d, 2.F.8.e, 2.F.8.f, 2.F.8.g, 2.F.8.h, 2.F.8.i, 2.F.8.j] (MC2)
This assignment is informed by the following CACREP Standards:
2.F.3.h. A general framework for understanding differing abilities and strategies for differentiated interventions.
2.F.8.b. Identification of evidence-based counseling practices.