DeVry ENGL 135 Gun Violence Deserves Special Attention In Society
- What is the problem? What proof do you have that it exists? Is it getting worse?
- Why should your audience care? How does the problem affect them?
- What is your tentative claim or thesis? Example: “We need to change/fix/improve/….”
- How would you solve the problem? What are a few possible solutions?
- Which solution do you think is likely to be the best? (It is ok if your answer is tentative.)
- What is your call to action? What do you want people to do?
Then, based on your answers to these questions, create a simple outline following this template.
- Introduction and explanation of the problem
- Identify the problem
- Background and history of the problem
- Solution one: pros and cons
- Solution two: pros and cons
- Solution three: pros and cons (as needed)
- Final recommendation
- Call to action