DeVry MGMT 591 Management of the Eastman Kodak Company Articles
- Literature Review / How Organizational Theories Improve OperationsYou will conduct a literature review on your topic which includes a minimum of eight scholarly resources for the project. In order to achieve a final list of eight scholarly sources in your paper, consider researching at least twenty to thirty relevant articles. Be sure and access the DeVry academic library at library.devry.edu.Additionally, you will answer the following question “How organizational theories can improve this organization?” Be sure to carefully consider your research question. Reflect on further defining your research problem (the problem you identified in your selected company.) As well, consider as a part of answering the question, whatever preliminary suggestions that seem relevant as solutions to your stated research question (Minimum of 3 and they can be bullet points).
- This section should be 3 to 5 pages. Please use APA format when writing this assignment.
- See template in Files > Course files
Research shows that people learn effectively when working on real problems grounded in their work experience. To this end, the Individual Course Project is designed to incorporate students’ work experience into the learning process in this course.
The project is an opportunity to explore, in-depth, a topic related to the course objectives (COs) that is of significance to your organization (current or former).
You will be required to prepare an applied research paper, with a minimum of 15 pages but not to exceed 20 pages in length (excluding cover page, table of contents and appendices), on a specific issue related to leadership or organizational behavior. This research paper is to be individually completed.
- Select a specific organization of interest to you and identify a problem at the firm related to organizational behavior (OB). This maybe an organization where you currently serve or one where you have served.
- Think of yourself as an organizational consultant. Assume that a key manager has requested a thorough analysis and recommended course of action to resolve an actual organizational problem. Your goal is to develop recommendations that will make a positive difference to the performance of the organization.
- Your research paper should address the following three course objectives, at a minimum:
- Course Objective A – Evaluate how organizational theories and practices can improve organizational operations.
- Course Objective B – Analyze how values, attitudes, beliefs, feelings, and personality influence decision making in the workplace.
- Course Objective D – Analyze the impact of different structures and lines of authority on organizational strategy and culture.