ECE 340 Integrating Technology into Literacy Instruction
Literacy is developed throughout a young student’s day. In this technological age, schools are seeing technology as a tool to engage learners, as well as provide dynamic content not readily available in books.
Create a professional development digital presentation of 12-15 slides on incorporating technology in the early childhood classroom.
Presentation must address the following:
- Explain the positive and the negative use of technology in the early childhood classroom to develop language and literacy skills. Include research to support your claims.
- Explain the importance of considering the learners’ needs and development when selecting instructional technology.
- Describe developmentally appropriate practices to ensure the safe, legal, and ethical use of technology in the classroom.
- Identify three different literacy standards and discuss ways technology can support instruction for each standard.
- Describe 3-5 technological tools to support literacy instruction and how the tools could be implemented in the early childhood classroom.
Include a title slide, reference slide, and speaker’s notes.