ECE207 Week 2 Bright Futures Early Learning Center Monthly Menu
Week 2 – Assignment
Bright Futures Early Learning Center Monthly Menu
[WLO: 2] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3]
You have received several letters from the parents in your classroom stating that their children suffer from various food allergies. Additionally, parents have been sending requests to accommodate cultural preferences and even children’s likes and dislikes. You will create a monthly menu (lunch and two snacks each day) to accommodate these requests. Each week will also include a theme and three questions as conversation topics for your children. In addition, you will create the common food policies listed on the template.
To prepare for this assignment,
- Review the that you will use to complete this assignment.
- Read Nutrition Standards for CACFP Meals and Snacks (Links to an external site.). Various links on that page have snack and meal ideas.
- Review Standard # 5 in the NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards. (Links to an external site.)
- Read the detailing special requests.
In this assignment
- Include an introduction and a conclusion.
- Create a classroom roster that details special food situations.
- Develop four policies (found on the template) that address common food scenarios in the classroom.
- Complete the monthly menu calendar based on the roster. Include a theme and three questions for each week.
The Bright Futures Early Learning Center Monthly Menu Paper
- Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.