ECE207 Week 5 – Final Project Health and Safety Community Night
Week 5 – Final Project
Health and Safety Community Night
[WLO: 3] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4]
Your director reminds you that your Lead Teacher had volunteered to run the Health and Safety Community Night in two weeks and now that responsibility has fallen on you! She has a nutritionist scheduled to come in and address your chosen age group. The nutritionist has a presentation prepared and she is willing to answer questions after the presentation.
You will need to create two different fun activities that can be used that evening to teach the community how to enforce health, nutrition or safety measures at home. This community night will also serve as professional development for the staff. Your director has asked for everything to be submitted in the next week so she can help you plan and gather materials. She has also told you that you will have access to as many teachers as you need (for extra support), but you will need to conduct an additional training to brief them on the night. This will be a fabulous opportunity for you to continue to impress her!
Use thisto complete the assignment or use the template as a guide to complete the assignment
You will need to include
- The chosen classroom age level (i.e., infancy, toddlers, or early learning).
- An explanation of your goal(s) for the evening for the attendees.
- The amount of volunteers you will need.
- A complete, detailed schedule of the evening.
- The event is to run from 5:30 pm-7:00pm, with the nutrition scheduled to speak and answer questions for 30 minutes. You must break this out into 15 minute increments.
- Five leading questions for the nutritionist (just in case your attendees do not ask during Q&A time).
- A simple, quick, and nutritious snack that will work for both children and adults.
- Include the nutrition information and why you selected this snack.
- A list of all materials needed (food and supplies for activities).
- Something from one of the activities that attendees can walk away with that they can teach/play at home.
- Activity 1 explained and described (choose health, safety, or nutrition).
- Activity 2 explained and described (choose health, safety, or nutrition and must be different from a different category than activity one).
- An evaluation form for attendees (and your director) to provide feedback.
- A plan to involve the attendees with clean up.
- Music selection for the night (include songs for hand washing, transitions, welcome, clean up, etc.).
- Resources for your attendees regarding Health, Safety and Nutrition.
- An agenda for the staff meeting you will hold prior to the event.
- You will need to go over the entire night’s agenda but also teach your volunteers the activities.
In your paper,
- Describe the age group, goals for the night, materials needed, and the amount of volunteers needed and their roles.
- Explain two activities that will be taught to the community.
- Identify music selections and a nutritious snack for the night.
- Create five leading questions for the nutritionist.
- Develop an evaluation form for attendees to complete.
- Outline an agenda for the staff meeting prior to the event.
- Discuss resources that you will give the attendees regarding health, safety, and nutrition, including something from one of the activities that attendees can walk away with and teach/play at home.
- Develop a detailed schedule of the evening in 15 minute increments and a plan to involve the attendees with clean up.
The Health and Safety Community Night assignment
- Use the included to complete the assignment or use the template as a guide to complete your assignment.
- Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of project
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.