ECE214 Week 1 – Journal Health, Nutrition, and Safety Reflection
Week 1 – Journal
Health, Nutrition, and Safety Reflection
[WLO: 1] [CLO: 1]
Reflect on the role of proper health, nutrition, and safety during your childhood (whether it positively or negatively affected you). Were you provided with healthy and nutritious food? Did you frequently play and exercise? Were precautions taken to ensure your safety? How does your own experience affect the choices you make for the young children in your care?
Prepare: As you prepare to write your first journal for this class, take a few moments to do the following:
- Review this tutorial: The Grammarly Guide: How to Set Up & Use Grammarly (Links to an external site.).
- Set up a Grammarly (Links to an external site.) account (if not done already).
Write: In a Microsoft Word document, include the following:
- Summarize the role that health, safety, and nutrition played in your childhood.
- Explain how your experiences will affect your work in the early childhood education field.
- Must be one to two double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.).
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Although sources are not required for your journal assignments, should you need to cite information
- You must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- You must also include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Revise: Use Grammarly to review the draft of your journal. Carefully read all suggested changes found by Grammarly and revise accordingly.
If you need assistance submitting your journal to Grammarly, please contact the Writing Center directly. If your question regards setting up or managing your Grammarly account, contact Grammarly Support.
Submit: Submit your one- to two-page journal.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your journal entries.