ECE214 Week 3 – Assignment Health and Wellness Story
Week 3 – Assignment
Health and Wellness Story
[WLOs: 1, 2, 4] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Chapters 5 and 6 from your textbook and then read Chapters 7 and 8.
For this assignment, you will develop one of the themes covered so far into a story or presentation for children and their families. This story or presentation should intend to teach children and their families about the chosen theme. Therefore, be mindful that your audience includes young children. Your story or presentation should be engaging for both adults and young children.
- Choose to complete your assignment using Prezi, Power Point, or StoryJumper. (Links to an external site.) You can review creating a PowerPoint slideshow by visiting How to Make a PowerPoint (Links to an external site.) Presentation if you choose to use StoryJumper, please review the StoryJumper tutorial (Links to an external site.)
- Choose one of the following health and wellness themes:
- Engaging in physical activity
- Nutritious eating
- Illness or infection prevention
- Staying healthy in school
- Staying healthy at home
In your presentation,
- Choose only one health and wellness theme from the list above.
- Construct a presentation for an audience of children and their families.
- Identify at least five teaching points directly related to your chosen theme. The teaching points you share could be textbook facts or strategies or information relating to your chosen theme that are important to understand. For example, if you develop a story based on the theme of illness or infection prevention, you might present a case of a child getting sick and needing to visit a doctor. While at the doctor’s office, the child learns five ways to prevent illness or infection. When creating your presentation on this theme, you will need to include at least five examples of how you can prevent illness or infection that you want your audience to understand.
- Include at least five images, sounds, or audio features that enhance your story or presentation.
- Organize a resource page for families. This page should include at least three child and family friendly resources that could provide more information for your audience about the theme of your story or presentation. This is separate from your references page for the assignment.
The Health and Wellness Story assignment
- Must be 10 slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of story
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use of at least two scholarly sources to support your theme. Be sure to cite these in APA format on the reference page, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.