ENG 534 Adult Learning Infographic
To prepare to teach in higher education, you must be aware of best practices that are effective for adult learners in both traditional and online learning environments.
Imagine you are assigned to teach your first higher education course in your chosen content area. To prepare for this course, research instructional best practices and tools you could include in your instruction that are informed by adult learning theories. Create an infographic of research-based best practices and tools that would be effective for teaching adults in your content area. Use a free online infographic maker, such as Piktochart or Infogram. Include the following:
- Five research-based best practices that would be effective for teaching adult learners in your content area.
- A description of how each practice would be applied in traditional versus online learning environments.
- Two research-based instructional tools that would be effective for teaching adults in your content area. Provide an explanation for the instructional tools selected.
- A description of how each tool could be implemented in both traditional and online learning environments.
- A description of the connection between adult learning theories and best practices in teaching in your content area.
Support your infographic with 2-3 scholarly resources.
Submit the infographic link and scholarly resources to the LMS in a Word document. Ensure that others can access and view the link to your infographic prior to submitting to the LMS.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You can use this website or any other free inforgraphic resource: