FIN 571 Organizational Financial Plan Project
Prepare a financial plan for the organization that you select for your business plan.
Describe the organization, including the type of business.
Create the business case.
- Determine why funding is needed for the company.
- Determine the sources of funding. Consider self-funding, borrowing, equity, venture capital, etc.
- Evaluate the requirements of each funding source you determined appropriate.
- Analyze the associated risks of each funding source.
- Decide which sources are the best fit for your company based on the requirements of each. Justify your decision.
- Estimate the cost of capital for both short-term and long-term funding sources. Research current estimated APRs (Annual Percentage Rates) for your selected sources of funding. Consider creating a table or chart to display this information.
- All the above items should be submitted via an MS Word document (700 to 1050 words is the minimum range)
Cite a minimum of three references with in-text citations. Note the following regarding written paper assignments:
It should not have to be re-stated, but remember ALL written paper assignments are required to have a reference page AND citations in the body of the text representing all references. A paper with no references OR no citations is considered a form of plagiarism and will result in zero points. Also remember, in text citations are not just for quoted material.
Format your citations according to APA guidelines.
Create a profit-and-loss statement for a 3-year period. Provide a revenue forecast, stating realistic assumptions, such as growth per year, in your projections. This should include estimated direct costs, including capital, marketing, labor, equipment, and inventory/supply costs.
Prepare a budget that includes starting balances, monthly costs, loan/investment payments, cash flow projections, and required revenue.