HLT 317V Topic 4 Assignment Benchmark – Ethical Issues in Research Surrounding Communication
The purpose of this assignment is to allow students the experience of creating a video and the chance to become more comfortable with discussing ethical issues related to health care.
Create a 3–5 minute informational video for other health care professionals that focuses on ethical issues and implications in research surrounding communication, using any video recording device. Use an online video platform such as Loom, YouTube, or Vimeo to upload your completed video. Ensure that others can access and view your linked video prior to submitting to the LMS. Address the following in your video:
- Identify the principles of scientific communication.
- Explain the ethical implications in human research as it applies to the allied health care professional.
- Analyze the ethical issues around communication when conducting research in the allied health care field.
- Describe how you would communicate effectively and appropriately with patients, families, and health care providers within the scope of practice.
- Explain how you would demonstrate effective skills in writing formal correspondence to communicate information and ideas.
Show professionalism in your speech and appearance.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
BS in Health Sciences
2.1 Communicate effectively and appropriately with patients, families, and health care providers within the scope of practice. [GCU Mission Critical 1]
2.2 Demonstrate effective skills in writing formal correspondence to communicate information and ideas. [GCU Mission Critical 1]
2.3 Identify the principles of scientific communication.