HRM 530 Capella University FFHs Recruiting Plan Report
Develop a 6-page business report on a recruiting plan strategy for HR management and organizational leaders for the expansion of either Fleet Farm and Home (FFH) or an organization of your choice.
If you are choosing to base this assessment on Fleet, Farm and Home, view the FFH – Setting the Stage multimedia to help select a new FFH location and to recommend a recruiting plan strategy to support this organization’s expansion. Consider the following:
- A typical FFH store will need to hire roughly 100 part-time and full-time employees to properly staff it.
- A preferred candidate would have 1–2 years of college and 1 year of retail or customer service experience.
- A primary concern about each of the following locations under consideration is the availability of qualified applicants:
- Ottumwa, Iowa.
- Ottawa, Illinois.
- Grand Island, Nebraska.
If you choose to use your own workplace (or an organization you are familiar with), use similar education and work experience requirements for potential candidates as well as three U.S. markets that fit with your selected organization.
Use federal, state, county, and city government websites, including Chamber of Commerce or local visitor bureau sites, or any appropriate resources, to develop the data and information needed to guide the decision-making process for FFH or for your own workplace or selected organization.
Develop a business report on a recruiting plan strategy for FFH or your selected organization. You may decide what elements to incorporate into your business report, but be sure to include the following on which HR management and organizational leaders can base their decision:
- Compare the labor markets for each selected location. Include the following in your analysis:
- Unemployment rates.
- Median incomes.
- Educational levels of the work force.
- Other relevant data. This could include ages and workforce diversity, for example.
- Assess laws that impact FFH’s (or a selected organization’s) recruiting strategy.
- Analyze resources for recruiting minorities. Research at least two credible sources for recruitment.
- Recommend a location to support FFH’s (or a selected organization’s) expansion plans. Explain how each source used supports your recruiting recommendations. You should have at least five identified sources for your plan.