MN 501 Purdue University Comparison Between NP and APN Roles Discussion
NP and APN Roles Comparison
Compare and contrast the primary care NP role with other nursing advanced practice roles and the role of physician assistants. What are the similarities among the roles and what are the differences? What are some growing areas of nursing specialization in nursing, and how do you see this continuing to evolve in the future? For example, informatics and disaster nursing are a growing area of nursing specialization that grow from specific needs in healthcare. What do you envision when you consider the roles of nursing advanced practice in the future?
● Thorough identification of the importance of the subject matter to the individual, clinical, and professional.
● Supports discussion concepts through personal experience and evidence-based information.
● Provides a well-written reflection that is clearly connected to the outcomes and clinical insight.
Clear critical thinking acknowledges application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation.
Builds a focused argument.
Makes an oppositional or congruent statement that is supported by experience or research.
● No grammar, word usage, or punctuation errors. Overall style is consistent with professional work.
● Writing style facilitates communication.
● Provides three references that are relevant to the content and published within the last five years.
TEXTBOOK INFORMATION Title: Philosophies and Theories for Advanced Nursing Practice Edition: 3rd (2017) Author: Butts, Janie and Rich, Karen Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Book ISBN: 978-1-28411-224-5 Ebook ISBN