NR 603 Week 6: Mental Health Final Treatment Plan/Analysis – Part 2
Topic: Major depressive disorder single episode
Part 2- final treatment plan and Analysis
The final treatment plan will include the primary diagnosis, diagnostic testing recommended by National Guidelines. Medications, interventions, education, labs, follow up, referrals.
- The pathophysiology and Pharmacology: For the primary diagnoses in the case, develop a brief summary of the underlying pathophysiology and tie pharmacological treatment chosen in the reversal or control of that pathology.
- Additional analysis of the case: This includes national guidelines that were or should have been used to make diagnosis or treatment and review how they applied or how care was unique but based in guidelines.
- Follow-up/Referrals: This means how the patient was doing when seen a second time if this applies. This would be their response to your plan of care. OR when Follow up will occur and what actions will be taken on the follow up visit. Referrals if indicated.
- Quality: Include anything that should have been considered in hindsight or changes you would make in seeing similar patients in the future with the same complaint, history, exam, or diagnosis. Add anything you learned from discussion in the class that shed new light on this patient.diagnosis. Add anything you learned from discussion in the class that shed new light on this patient.
- Coding and Billing. Any or all CPT and ICD-10 codes that should have been used (List them and name them only.
Description Application of Course Knowledge
Discuss clinically accurate perspectives/insights applicable to the results from the physical exam and diagnoses. Initial post includes the most likely diagnosis/specific treatment plan given case study information supported by rationale and answers all questions presented in the case. linking tests/interventions accurately to diagnoses, applies learned knowledge specifically to the symptoms and patient information using original dialogue
Evidence Based resources
Discussion post supported by evidence from appropriate sources published within the last five years. Focus of journal articles represents a logical link between the article content and the case study information.
Discussion post presented in a logical, meaningful, and understandable sequence. Headings reflect separation of criterion outlined in assignment guidelines.