NSG 498 Senior Leadership Practicum and Implementation Plan
- In this week’s assignment, you will work through the planning and implementation stages of the project. This will require you to determine goals, resources needed, and to select an evidence-based practice (EBP) model.
Start with the solution that you determined would be most effective in resolving the stated problem and define the intended outcomes of implementing the change (i.e., what is your improvement goal?). In order for quality to improve, a change must occur. That change must be quantifiable, in other words, it must be measurable.
Create an implementation plan in which you:
- Explain how you will measure the change and how you will know when you have reached your improvement goal.
- Create a list of outcomes required to reach your outcomes goal. This will allow you to determine the actions needed and the priority of tasks that will result in the desired outcome.
- Determine who will be responsible for each outcome (typically each is assigned to a team member who is motivated in seeing the successful implementation of the plan).
- Determine the actions needed to take place for each outcome to occur. Questions to consider when determining what action needs to take place:
- Who do we need to talk to?
- What needs to be decided?
- What resources are needed?
- Supplies and equipment
- What milestones need to be set to know we’re on track?
- When do we need to check on the progress of those milestones?
- Overall timeframe for the project
- What potential setbacks do we need to plan for?
- Risk management plan
- Do any tasks need to be done before taking this action?
- Establish budget, roles, and responsibilities (who will be responsible for what).
- Determine how you will monitor progress, which provides you the means of tracking actions as they are completed and will make you aware of actions that are late or off track.
- Select an established EBP model to guide the implementation of the plan, and discuss why it is appropriate for your project.
Remember that without a measure, progress becomes a matter of opinion and opinions can easily change over the course of an implementation timeline.
- Create an evaluation plan. Your evaluation plan will define the standard of measurement for progress and will include:
- Measurable outcomes (both short-term and long-term – formative assessments and summative assessments)
- Data to be collected and how and when it is to be collected
- Established evaluation points where data can be evaluated and adjustments made to the implementation plan as a result.
You must cite a minimum of two scholarly reference sources to support your responses. Format your assignment as one of the following:
- Minimum 1,050-word paper; the maximum word count (not including references) is 1,250 words – your paper must be organized using APA Level I headings for the assignment requirements noted above.
- 12 to 15-slide PowerPoint or Keynote presentation (this slide count does not include the title and reference slides, which are required); you must include a minimum of 75 words of “speaker’s notes” per slide in addition to the slide content.
You may also use the following with approval by your instructor:
- 12-15 minute oral presentation
Submit your assignment