SOCI 122 Criminal Legal System Education and Health Inequality
Please reflect on and answer the following questions through a written essay response of between approximately 250 and 750 words (going a little over is okay, but try to hit the word count where possible). The essay will be graded on demonstrated knowledge of course content through accurate definitions, explanations, examples, and citations in ASA format. You do not need a references page for this assignment. The rubric is also available on Sakai. Copy and paste your answer into inline Sakai assignments.
- Paragraph 1: Inequality in the Criminal Legal System
- Explain how the colorblind criminal legal system generates raciallydiscriminatory results.
- Provide at least two examples of racial discrimination in the criminal legalsystem.
- Explain the effects of a criminal record and of race on hiring decisions.
- Paragraph 2: Inequality in Education
- Explain why the “acting White” hypothesis does not account for educationaldisparities between Black and White students.
- Describe the relationship between White supremacy and higher education.
- Describe the relationship between undergraduate students’ racial identities andcampus climate perceptions.
- Paragraph 3: Inequality in Health and Medicine
- Explain how racism is a fundamental cause of racial health inequalities independent of socioeconomic status (SES).
- Explain how implicit racial biases affect racial-ethnic disparities in medical care