University of Phoenix Patient with Schizophrenia Case Presentation
Select a well documented case study of an individual who experienced a neurological disorder, disease, or accident that resulted in an interruption in his or her vision, hearing, or motor control (e.g., Dostoevsky and epilepsy, Helen Keller and visual/auditory impairment, Muhammad Ali/Michael J Fox/Maurice White and Parkinson’s Disorder, Woody Guthrie and Huntington’s, Phineas Gage/Harriet Tubman and TBI, Maurice White/Montel Williams and MS, etc.). Cases can be historical or from the 21st century.
Prepare a 7- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation addressing the following questions:
- What neurological disorder, disease, or accident took place to interrupt this individual’s ability?
- What behaviors were exhibited by this individual following the disorder, disease, or accident?
- What were the individual’s deficits as a result of this disorder, disease, or accident?
- What treatments did the individual seek? Were any available at the time?
- What are the research implications of the case study? How did this help scientists and doctors better understand the disorder or disease? How did this case help scientists and doctors better understand how the brain works?