Walden COUN 6215 Week 4 Factors that Contribute to School bullying
Discussion: Moral Development
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the Learning Resources.
- Select an immoral behavior of children or adolescents. Suggested topics include but are not limited to bullying, cyberbullying, fighting, aggression, cheating, and crime.
- Review contemporary news sources to find a recent event (within the last year) highlighting the behavior you have chosen.
- Consider the factors that might have contributed to the behavior, and ways to address the behavior.
- Using the Walden Library, locate 1-2 peer-reviewed articles focusing on factors contributing to the occurrence of or treatment of immoral behavior.
By Day 3
- A description of the event and the immoral behavior described in the article you selected.
- An explanation of the factors that may have contributed to the immoral behaviors presented in the article.
- A description of two interventions you might use to positively influence moral development in the individual(s) who participated in the event.
- Justification of your responses with references to this week’s Learning Resources and 1–2 peer-reviewed articles from the past 5 years.
By Day 6
Respondto at leasttwoof your colleagues. Consider evaluating the effectiveness of the proposed interventions, offering an alternate intervention, or identifying additional influences on the development of immoral behavior.