ADM 560 Environment Protection Agency Essay
You are a staff member in the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). A change in policy has been instituted. The change in emissions for coal plants will require action from you and your team. This assignment will have two parts. In the first part, you will create a brief that outlines actions that need to be taken by EPA for regulating the policy change. In the second part, you will reflect on different approaches and interpretation you can take in policy change.
Create a policy brief. Recommend strategies to navigate the political dynamics of the new policy as it relates to the execution of the agency’s duties for your boss. The brief should be concise and follow the general structure of such a policy brief. At a minimum, your policy brief should contain the following:
- A title
- A summary of the problem
- At least three possible solutions to the problem
- Statement and explanation of your recommended solution with rationale
- The implications and benefits of the recommended policy
- Discussion of implementation of strategy and alternatives to navigate the political dynamics present in this situation.
- Brief conclusion
- At least three sources used to support claims
- Graphics and/or other visual elements so it reflects the formatting of a professional policy brief.
- Discuss different approaches that can be taken when addressing this policy change.
- Outline the legislative requirements that must be followed for the policy change. Including a discussion regarding regulations around the change. Is there wiggle room in the implementation and application of the policy?
Use two to four scholarly resources to support your explanations.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.