ECE 640 Topic 4 Assignment Clinical Field Experience C Presentation of Social Studies Lesson
Part 1: Lesson Implementation
Implementation of a social studies lesson can be quite different from how a science lesson would be taught. Through implementation and reflection, you will continue to develop your teaching style and incorporation of various strategies to engage your students and create investment in the learning process.
Allocate at least 4 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Share your lesson from the “Creating a Social Studies Lesson” assignment with your mentor teacher and obtain feedback. Work with your mentor teacher to select a group of 3-5 students who would benefit from small group instruction to whom you will present your lesson. If you are not able to present your lesson, present a social studies lesson created by your mentor teacher.
After the conclusion of your lesson, reflect with the mentor and obtain feedback on how well the lesson went.
Spend any remaining field experience hours observing or assisting the teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
Part 2: Reflection
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect on the lesson you taught in the field experience.
Address the following in your reflection:
- Explain how you designed and delivered instruction that integrated the cultural background, personal knowledge, family, and community of students in your lesson .
- What you would have done differently to help prepare you for teaching the lesson. Did you feel the students were engaged in the learning? Explain.
- How do you feel you monitored and adjusted throughout the lesson to meet the needs of the students?
- What went well and what would you have done differently?
- How you will apply the feedback you received from your mentor teacher to your future teaching.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Document the locations and hours you spend in the field on your Clinical Field Experience Verification Form.
Submit the Clinical Field Experience Verification Form to the LMS in the last topic. Directions for submitting can be found on the College of Education site in the Student Success Center.