PSY 3320 Psychology Autism Spectrum Disorder Essay
Students are required to prepare a Child Psychology Paper regarding a topic covered in your textbook that is of interest to you.
Choose a topic that interests you related to childhood developmental or psychological issues such as intellectual disability, childhood and adolescent obesity, autism, childhood depression, bullying, blended families, or etc. The goal of the essay assignment is for you to increase knowledge or interest in pertinent topics/ issues of the abnormal development/psychology. You are responsible for developing a 3-5 page presentation (not including title, abstract and reference page) adhering to APA style formatting (with in-text citations). The essay should include the following:
- Title page with your name and class (PSY 3320)
- Short abstract page giving summary of essay/paper
- Description of the problem / topic of investigation
- Why this problem / topic is important
- Relevance of this problem / topic to minority populations or diverse cultures
- Prevention and intervention strategies outlined in the literature (your sources)
- Conclusion summarizing the project including your personal perspectives and thoughts about the future of this topic.
- References (at least 3 references, 2 of which must be peer reviewed articles within the last 5 years).