Product Operations is the discipline of helping your Product Management function scale well. Surrounding the team with all of the essential inputs to set strategy, prioritize, and streamline ways of working.
Many companies want to reap the benefits of economies of scale that comes with being a product-led company. As our businesses change shape to focus more on software, so do our ways of working. We need to make sure we’re breaking down these silos of information and capabilities that arise at scale. To react quickly and set great Product Strategies, leaders and team members alike need access to high quality data and a process to implement their decisions.
In this book, Melissa Perri and Denise Tilles explain how Product Operations helps solve many of scaling issues companies face today, like:
- Connecting financial metrics back to the delivery of software features
- Better working relationships between go-to-market teams and software teams
- Getting the right information to set and monitor company and product strategies
- Streamlining the flow of user insights into the right teams
- How to set up a Product Management Operating Model
Executives and leaders of SAAS scale up and enterprise companies will discover the benefits of the Three Pillars of Product Operations as they read through the stories of real companies who have implemented the function, like Stripe, Uber, athenahealth, Oscar Health, and Fidelity. This book covers the following topics:
- What is Product Operations and why is it an essential function in scaling software companies
- The Three Pillars of Product Operations: Data and Insights; Customer and Market Insights; and Process and Governance
- How to Introduce and Build a Team for Product Operations
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!