Master data management by effectively utilizing the features of Azure SQL database.
- Learn to automate common management tasks with PowerShell.
- Understand different methods to generate elastic pools and shards to scale Azure SQL databases.
- Learn to develop a scalable cloud solution through over 40 practical activities and exercises.
Despite being the cloud version of SQL Server, Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Managed Instance stands out in various aspects when it comes to management, maintenance, and administration. Updated with the latest Azure features, Professional Azure SQL Managed Database Administration continues to be a comprehensive guide for becoming proficient in data management.
The book begins by introducing you to the Azure SQL managed databases (Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Managed Instance), explaining their architecture, and how they differ from an on-premises SQL server. You will then learn how to perform common tasks, such as migrating, backing up, and restoring a SQL Server database to an Azure database.
As you progress, you will study how you can save costs and manage and scale multiple SQL databases using elastic pools. You will also implement a disaster recovery solution using standard and active geo-replication. Finally, you will explore the monitoring and tuning of databases, the key features of databases, and the phenomenon of app modernization.
By the end of this book, you will have mastered the key aspects of an Azure SQL database and Azure SQL managed instance, including migration, backup restorations, performance optimization, high availability, and disaster recovery.
What you will learn
- Understanding Azure SQL database configuration and pricing options
- Provisioning a new SQL database or migrating an existing on-premises SQL Server database to an Azure SQL database
- Backing up and restoring an Azure SQL database
- Securing and scaling an Azure SQL database
- Monitoring and tuning an Azure SQL database
- Implementing high availability and disaster recovery with an Azure SQL database
- Managing, maintaining, and securing managed instances
Who this book is for
This book is designed to benefit database administrators, database developers, or application developers who are interested in developing new applications or migrating existing ones with Azure SQL database.
Prior experience of working with an on-premise SQL Server or Azure SQL database along with a basic understanding of PowerShell scripts and C# code is necessary to grasp the concepts covered in this book.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!