• Stemming from research commissioned by innovation foundation Nesta, the book provides a framework for exploring the physical characteristics of spaces associated with a new generation of pioneering companies
• Provides context, examples, inspiration and direction to help users explore and understand the various organisational challenges that may be experienced in the creation of spaces for innovation
• The content of this practical handbook centers around 10 core themes and is brought to life with interviews and case studies from around the globe
• Covers various organizational perspectives – from coworking networks and educational establishments to large corporations, such as Airbnb, Microsoft and Zappos
• Builds awareness of the impact space has in different cultures with differing innovation ambitions
• Strategic questions guide readers to formulate their vision for the space to support their own goals
• A coherent narrative is supported with numerous infographics to visualize key facts in the themes
• Foreword written by Jeremy Myerson
A research-based book about the relationship between the physical design of working environments and levels of creativity and innovation. The conversation around the impact of the physical environment on workplace behavior has grown over the past few years. This has been aided by the changing nature of the way we work and the increasing importance of creativity in many industries. Spaces for Innovation explains the relationship between the physical design of working environments and levels of creativity and innovation. Based on the available evidence, Spaces for Innovation identifies the physical characteristics of workspaces that are associated with high innovation potential and determine why they have an effect. A basic framework for the design of innovative environments, a ‘pattern language’ and a practical tool in this book, can be used in analyzing ways to enhance physical space in the pursuit of innovation. The book acts as a pattern guide, providing context, examples, inspiration and direction to help businesses explore and understand organizational challenges.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!