SQL 101 Crash Course is a comprehensive beginner’s guide that takes you through the world of SQL, right from understanding databases to mastering complex queries. This book is designed to provide you with a solid foundation in SQL, along with practical examples and real-world scenarios to reinforce your learning. In this book, you’ll explore the key concepts of databases and their structure while getting started with SQLite Studio, a versatile SQL tool. You’ll dive deep into the fundamentals of SQL queries, turning raw data into meaningful information, and working with tables, multiple tables, and their relationships.
You’ll also learn how to harness the power of SQL functions and subqueries to optimize your queries and retrieve data more efficiently. As you progress, you’ll delve into the world of views, joins, and advanced SQL topics such as transactions, stored procedures, and performance tuning. The book concludes with two sample databases, where you’ll put your newfound knowledge to the test and gain hands-on experience.
This book promises a smooth learning journey for aspiring SQL developers, enabling them to build robust and efficient databases. The book’s step-by-step approach ensures that even complete beginners can grasp complex concepts with ease. By the end of this book, you’ll emerge as a smart SQL developer, equipped with the skills and knowledge to tackle real-world database challenges.
- Master SQL fundamentals and best practices.
- Learn to create, modify, and optimize tables.
- Understand and implement table relationships.
- Execute complex queries with ease and confidence.
- Leverage SQL functions for powerful data manipulation.
- Utilize subqueries and derived tables effectively.
- Create and manage views for enhanced data access.
- Apply advanced SQL techniques for optimized performance.
- Hands-on experience with real-world sample databases.
- Begin your journey as a skilled SQL developer.
Table of Content
- Introduction to Databases and SQL
- Setting Up Your SQL Environment
- SQL Queries Basics
- Turning Data into Information
- Working with Tables
- Multiple Tables and Joins
- SQL Functions
- Subqueries and Derived Tables
- Views and Materialized Views
- Advanced SQL Topics
- Sample Programs & Executing SQL
This book requires no prior knowledge to get started, making it an ideal read for those looking to pursue careers in database administration, business analytics, or business intelligence. Its accessibility ensures that an unwavering passion for learning SQL is all you need to effortlessly progress through the book’s content.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!