Create interactive cross-platform reports and dashboards using SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services
About This Book
- Get up to speed with the newly-introduced enhancements and the more advanced query and reporting features
- Easily access your important data by creating visually appealing dashboards in the Power BI practical recipe
- Create cross-browser and cross-platform reports using SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services
Who This Book Is For
This book is for software professionals who develop and implement reporting solutions using Microsoft SQL Server. It is especially relevant for professionals who are software engineers, software architects, DW/BI engineers, and DW/BI architects who perform simple to complex report authoring implementations.
This book is also suitable for those who develop software solutions that integrate reporting solutions and are keen to learn about Microsoft SQL Server 2016’s features and capabilities.
What You Will Learn
- Key capabilities, architecture, and components of Reporting Services
- New features that have been added to Reporting Services
- Design the architecture for reporting solutions
- Design the architecture for BI solutions
- Implement reporting solutions using Reporting Services
- Improve the performance, availability, and scalability of the reporting solution
- Enhance reporting solutions with custom programming and improved security
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services comes with many new features. It offers different types of reporting such as Production, Ad-hoc, Dashboard, Mash-up, and Analytical. SQL Server 2016 also has a surfeit of new features including Mobile Reporting, and Power BI integration.
This book contains recipes that explore the new and advanced features added to SQL Server 2016. The first few chapters cover recipes on configuring components and how to explore these new features. You’ll learn to build your own reporting solution with data tools and report builder, along with learning techniques to create visually appealing reports. This book also has recipes for enhanced mobile reporting solutions, accessing these solutions effectively, and delivering interactive business intelligence solutions. Towards the end of the book, you’ll get to grips with running reporting services in SharePoint integrated mode and be able to administer, monitor, and secure your reporting solution.
This book covers about the new offerings of Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services in comprehensive detail and uses examples of real-world problem-solving business scenarios.
Style and approach
This comprehensive cookbook follows a problem-solution approach to help you overcome any obstacle when creating interactive, visually-appealing reports using SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services. Each recipe focuses on a specific task and is written in a clear, solution-focused style.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!